Saturday 10 October 2009

A Sweater Sell Out

I ‘belong’ to a fashion sale website called Cocosa. Their gimmick is that it’s like a club and you have to be invited to join. If you want to join, please email me and I will invite you.

I’ve never yet bought anything from the Cocosa website. Yesterday they had a sale of John Smedley sweaters. “I’m not spending money on a new sweater,” I thought to myself.

I’m wide awake at 5.30 a.m. with a voice shouting in my head: “A beautiful Merino wool John Smedley polo neck in midnight blue for only £39. You have to get one.” I jump from my slumbers and fire up the laptop, find the promotional email in the trash, click on it and am confronted with a page of lovely sweaters that reads as follows: sold out; sold out; sold out; sold out; sold out; sold out; sold out; sold out!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho ho ho oh dear! Sold out. Surely not as bad as shrinked out - a neighbour kindly put three loads of washing into their machine and hand delivered it this morning to my doorstep - human kindness - wow! I discovered a cardigan, my New Zealand comfy cardi, had shrunk...On inspection with my physics hat on I realised I hadn't checked the label - dry clean only. So now I'm wearing a wet cardi in the hope of stretching it back to its former glory - it seems to be working. Don't worry about buying new stuff - there's always something tucked away which is cosy and clean. Lots of love x