Sunday 25 July 2010

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

Product: Nude Cleansing Facial Oil (100ml £22)

This divine, light oil is one of those products that tempt me to imagine that I might have been royalty in a former life. Every night I pump two squirts into my palms then massage it all over my face and neck (I pat it onto my eyes as well). I leave it to soak in for a minute whilst I inhale the gorgeous scent of lilies. Then I sprinkle a cotton wool pad with rosewater and wipe it off. All my make-up, including mascara, eye pencil and matte lipstick, just melts away. This facial oil makes my face cleansing routine something that I look forward to, rather than an end-of-the-day chore.

Nude claims that its products are “Beautiful without parabens, sulphates, PEGs, TEA, DEA, propylene glycol, phthalates, GMO, mineral oil and silicones.” What a shame that they have not left out a few other dodgy substances: benzyl benzoatelinalool and eugenol

INGREDIENTS: glycine soja (soybean) oil, polyglyceryl-4-oleate (vegetable oil), squalene (olive oil), tocopherol acetate (plant sources), natural fragrance (parfum), benzyl benzoate (essential oil), linalool (essential oil), eugenol (essential oil)

0 comments: