Wednesday 26 August 2009

Rocket, Goat's Cheese and Membrillo Salad

I had something similar in a café in Barcelona. This is my version:

A bowlful of organic rocket (or mixed salad leaves of your choice)

About 50gr of organic soft goat’s cheese

About 50gr of quince paste (it’s called membrillo in Spanish and is available from any Spanish food shop and also some big supermarkets. I couldn’t find an organic version)

Organic pine nuts

Organic flaked almonds

Pomegranate seeds (Sainsbury’s and M&S both sell them. Again, I couldn’t find organic. If they’re too difficult to get just leave them out)

Organic brown rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar

Organic olive oil

Salt

I always rinse and spin the salad, even if it’s organic. I’m just not sure what they wash it in.

Dress the salad with vinegar and salt

Cut up the quince paste and goat’s cheese into small cubes

Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over a low flame. When they’re nearly all browned add the flaked almonds, they will toast much more quickly.

Pile the quince paste, goat’s cheese, pine nuts, almonds and pomegranate seeds on top of the salad. Add olive oil and toss.

0 comments: