Saturday 7 August 2010

Sesame Sweet Potato Boats

I have this when I just can't be bothered to cook a meal, like today.

1. Put the oven on to 180º.
2. Chuck in a sweet potato.
3. Cook until the potato is crispy on the outside and soft to touch, 20-40 minutes, depending on the size of the potato. Tip: I put on an oven glove and just give the potato a little squeeze to test it.
4. Whilst the potato is cooking, toast a handful of sesame seeds on a dry frying pan. Tip: I toast quite a lot and then keep them in a paper bag so I always have some to add to rice or salad.
5. Cut the potato in half lengthways. It should kind of pop when you put the knife into it.
6. Score the flesh into squares but leave the skin on.
7. Drizzle the potato with olive oil and soy sauce.
8. Top the sweet potato boats with a good layer of sesame seeds.
9. Eat the whole thing, skin and all.
10. Put another one in the oven...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious!
Lily
xxx