Sunday 26 July 2009

New Hats

I’m meeting Iris to see ‘Coco Before Chanel’ at the Electric Cinema. I arrive a bit early and notice that Appletree is open. This shop is a little treasure trove of quirky, funky and inexpensive dresses, bags, belts, brollies and hats. I slip in to see if they have any affordably fabulous headgear. They do – lovely crocheted cotton cloches for £12 each. I take three: one in olive green, one in cornflower blue and one in sunflower yellow.

Iris catches me coming out of the shop. I confess to her about this morning’s big hair fallout. For some reason it feels like a horrible secret. Iris looks at me with genuine sympathy. “That’s just crap” she says.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend cro-wigs by Etsy seller on eBay. Shipped from the US but still inexpensive.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/punkerkas?section_id=5642564